Monday, October 04, 2010

WORST IDEA 10/4/10: Vatican official criticises Nobel win for IVF pioneer

Never mind the millions of people for whom in-vitro fertilization helped have a baby and all the joy the procedure has brought, the Vatican has come out against the Nobel Prize being awarded to its creator. The Nobel Prize, of course, goes to someone who has made a significant scientific achievement, not just to people that achieve things in line with the Catholic Church's prehistoric thinking. I can't imagine believing that bringing children to the childless is not okay but having dozens of kids you can't support is.

BBC News - Vatican official criticises Nobel win for IVF pioneer

1 comment:

Deb Hines said...

Being one of those who was helped by IVF, I applaud the Nobel Prize win. As for the Catholic Church, well, now I am able to be the mother and procreater that they say I am "supposed" to be. (Even if it didn't happen the traditional way) My daughters are the joy of my life and without IVF, they would not be.